Fields: children, education, social services, data analysis, statistics
Location: Oakland, California
About the Organization: Public Profit helps mission-driven organizations measure and manage what matters. Our clients include cities, schools, museums, philanthropies, nonprofits, and policy advocates. We provide program evaluation, evaluation capacity building and data visualization services.
About the Position: Public Profit seeks two exceptional candidates for our summer 2019 internship. Interns are a fully integrated part of our project teams, providing substantive support on key organizational deliverables. The intern will spend roughly half of her/his time on data cleaning and analysis tasks and half on writing findings reports. Each intern will contribute to a portfolio of 4-5 program evaluations during their time at Public Profit. The internship will last from Monday, June 3 through Friday, August 9, 2019 (with the option to take 1 week off and extend the internship to August 16). Full-time hours (40 hours/week). Intern will work at Public Profit’s offices in downtown Oakland, California.
- Familiar with education, child and family policies and programs; experience with after-school programs and policies a plus.
- Coursework in statistics and program evaluation, or has 1-2 years of equivalent on-the-job experience.
- Hands-on experience managing data and conducting descriptive and basic inferential statistics. Strong familiarity with Excel is required, experience with statistics packages such as SPSS, STATA, or R is a plus.
- Strong writer, ideally with experience summarizing data for non-technical audiences.
- Strong project management and communication skills.
- Energized by managing multiple tasks simultaneously and is deadline-driven.
Estimated Salary: Honorarium of $7,500 is provided with the internship. Interns are responsible for securing housing for the internship period.
Deadline: Until filled