Fields: progressive, politics, campaigns, social justice, poverty
Location: Flexible, New Hampshire
About the Organization: Over the past decades New Hampshire has failed to take action on climate change, developed a severe opioid epidemic, created the most expensive in-state college system, and diminished economic opportunities for young people. Our elected officials have failed time and time again to represent the true needs of our communities. Students and young people in NH carry an incredible amount of political power and it’s time we start using it. We are young people struggling with massive debt, worried about losing our homes and families to climate change and not finding hope in the future of our state. For that we are creating a network of young people across NH working collectively to further a united political platform– one that represents our values. Through strategic action we as young people, students, and community members are reclaiming the political system so it works for all of us.
About the Position: NHYM is hiring a Community Organizer in the Central/Western part of the state. The community organizer will work with one other community organizer to: Manage and mentor student fellows, Fundraise for monthly donors, Develop and maintain partnerships with other organizations, Onboard and train new volunteers, Work with other staff, national/statewide partners, the guiding team, and the advisory committee to draft a strategic plan for the NH primary of February 2020. Oversee movement growth and engagement. This position would start as soon as possible at 30 Hours/Week and run through May 31st with the possibility of extending through the year and moving up to 40 hours a week.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written); Strong interpersonal skills
- Passionate about social justice; Commitment to NHYM’s principles and mission
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Flexible schedule; Valid drivers license and reliable transportation
- Experience with Slack, Google Drive other digital tools
- 1-3 years student/community organizing or similar experience
- 1 year paid organizing experience
- Familiar with Action Network
Estimated Salary: $18/hour, 30 hours/week, 5 months
New Hampshire Youth Movement