Fields: healthcare, children, poverty, nonprofit, health
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
About the Organization: The Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America- St. Louis Chapter (AAFA-STL) is a nonprofit organization that provides low-income children with lifesaving asthma and allergy medication and ensures school nurses have the equipment they need to treat children having asthma emergencies at school. AAFA-STL is committed to ensuring the community understands the seriousness of both allergy and asthma and conducts Food Allergy 101 and ABCs of Asthma trainings throughout the year.
About the Position: The Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America- St. Louis Chapter’s Administrative Assistant makes sure the office keeps humming so that children with asthma get the support they need, when they need it. The position is part time, Monday-Thursday, approximately 20 hours per week. Scheduling is flexible within our core hours of 8-5:30, but will occasionally require nights and weekends to support fundraising events.
- Prior experience working with nonprofits or as a volunteer
- Ability to think critically and set up processes to increase efficiency and accuracy
- Excellent writing ability
- Pleasant demeanor
- Experience with donor databases, preferably Bloomerang
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel as well as Google Suite
Estimated Salary: $15.50/hour
Deadline: Until filled