Fields: social justice, communications, youth, outreach, progressive
Location: Los Angeles, California
About the Organization: Hip Hop Caucus is a national non-profit leader fusing Hip Hop culture and civic engagement.
About the Position: We are seeking a dynamic, experienced Social Media Coordinator with a proven track record of curating content and growing a social media presence ideally targeting multicultural millennials and Generation Z. You’ll be working with the organization’s Los Angeles and Washington DC teams directly to drive daily content.
The role will be 20 hours a week, 5 days a week and based out of our DTLA office. Ideal candidates will have flexibility to cover event content in the evenings and weekends, including live events. The Social Media Coordinator may be required to work additional hours when necessary on weeks that we have major events planned.
- Comprehensive understanding of the social media landscape and platform differences.
- 1 -2 years of job experience directly managing social media accounts with positive growth.
- Hands on experience in content management.
- Excellent copywriting skills.
- Highly communicative, likes to ask questions, and drive engagement.
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image, and video).
- Experience with GSuite, Slack, Hootsuite, Google and Youtube Analytics, Facebook Analytics, and Twitter Analytics.
Estimated Salary: $25 – $30/hr depending on experience level
Deadline: Until filled
Hip Hop Caucus