Fields: community development, journalism, communications, marketing, writing
Location: NYC, New York
About the Organization: The mission of the Alliance for Downtown New York is to provide service, advocacy, research and information to advance Lower Manhattan as a global model of a 21st century Central Business District for businesses, residents and visitors. We nurture relationships with district businesses, restaurants and hotels to develop cultural, arts and events programs for a diverse audience.
About the Position: The Alliance for Downtown New York, Inc. is seeking a part-time, paid Communications & Marketing intern. The position would require no more than 23 hrs/week and be effective immediately. This is a prime opportunity for students pursuing a degree in journalism, public relations or marketing to gain experience in a nonprofit focused on Lower Manhattan’s success. You will be an integral part of the Communications & Marketing team and your opinions and thoughts will be valued.
- Compile daily press clips pertinent to the Downtown Alliance
- Assist with compiling and organizing event listings
- Draft written materials for publication and/or release, including blog posts, social media posts, marketing collateral and newsletters
- Assist in designing visual materials (video + static) for social media, marketing collateral, etc.
- Assist at events and news conferences
- Handle fulfillment of requests for collateral material for various Lower Manhattan constituents
- Work with members of the Communications & Marketing Team to support media requests
- Pursuing a degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, and/or Marketing
- Exceptional written, verbal and organizational skills; Strong attention to detail
- Literate in Google G Suite (includes Docs, Sheets and Email)
- Knowledge of graphic design programs or video editing a plus (Photoshop, Canva, iMovie, Premiere)
Estimated Salary: $13/hour, up to 23 hours/week
Please send cover letters, resumes and one non-academic writing sample to: Roe Pernice, firstname.lastname@example.org