Fields: arts, design, environment, law, policy
About the Organization: The Environmental Law Institute (ELI), a non-profit organization located in Washington, D.C., is a leading center of environmental research, policy analysis, and training. Founded at the beginning of the modern environmental era four decades ago, ELI has played a pivotal role in the evolution of environmental law. Today, ELI is an internationally-recognized independent research and education organization whose interdisciplinary staff of lawyers and scientists works to develop creative solutions to critical problems in environmental law, policy, and management worldwide.
About the Position: ELI seeks a Graphic Designer to be responsible for giving visual impact to ELI’s print and electronic materials. This includes taking abstract concepts and turning them into clever and creative designs, laying out text for books and journals, and designing graphics and logos. Under the direction of the Director of Communications and Publications, the Graphic Designer will:
- Work with a wide range of media using graphic design software
- Think creatively while developing new design concepts, graphics and layouts
- Implement multiple projects on schedule
- Ensure consistency in the look and feel of ELI print and electronic products
- Coordinate with print shops to ensure print material complies with printer requirements
The Graphic Designer will work in ELI’s Washington, DC office. Business travel is generally not required for this position.
- Candidates should hold a Bachelor’s or equivalent degree
- Broad knowledge and experience in graphic design for print and electronic media
- Ability to create graphics and performing layout for research reports, books, journals, logos, brochures, newsletters, ads, flyers, webpages and templates, and e-marketing.
- Proficient using Adobe Creative Cloud, including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator, in addition to Microsoft Office
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage projects effectively and efficiently while collaborating effectively with others
- Excellent eye for detail
Estimated Salary: $40,000 + excellent benefits
Deadline: November 5, 2018
Environmental Law Institute