Fields: sustainability, education, environmental justice, health, food justice
Location: Bellingham, Washington
About the Organization: The Office of Sustainability is Western’s hub for campus sustainability. The “OS” is dedicated to helping WWU achieve its strategic goal of campus sustainability by integrating sustainability into operations, academics, research, and outreach through its programs and initiatives.
About the Position: As our Office Coordinator, you will be responsible for planning, coordination and implementation of clerical and supervisory needs supporting administration of the Office of Sustainability programs, staff and student employees. You will also coordinate the Campus Conservation program, collaborating with on-and off-campus organizations, communicating conservation actions throughout the campus community, developing and implementing conservation action and behavior change campaigns in support of the goals of the WWU Sustainability Action Plan. Duties also include customer service back up of Sustainable Transportation staff, supporting student and employee transportation services, and also provides support for the University Sustainability Advisory committee.
- High school graduate or equivalent, College Degree preferred.
- 1 year of office coordination experience; 1 year of customer service experience (may overlap with office coordination experience)
- Demonstrated experience tracking budgets and expenses; Demonstrated experience with projects that demand a high level of attention to detail; Demonstrated ability to multi-task while meeting deadlines
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of / experience with sustainable practices (ex. power conservation, environmental justice, food systems, etc.)
- Experience working within or with large organizations; Experience working collaboratively with organizational stakeholders to achieve goals; Experience directing the work of others, including students Experience working in an educational setting, especially higher education
- Experience in communicating with and supporting the needs of diverse audiences, especially students
- Experience in program and/or curriculum development; Experience with organizational processes (ex. payroll, travel arrangements, etc.); Experience using databases (ex. Millennium, Access, Banner, etc.); Experience coordinating events
Estimated Salary: New hires typically begin at $3,044/month including an excellent benefits package
Deadline: November 4, 2018
Western Washington University