Fields: arts, humanities, culture, racial justice, philanthropy
Location: Silver Spring, Maryland
About the Organization: The arts and humanities in Montgomery County, Maryland, are vibrant and vital to the well-being of our community and the Greater Washington DC area. Since 1976, the Arts and Humanities Council of Montgomery County (AHCMC) has been the county’s designated local arts agency, committed to providing non-profit organizations, artists and scholars with the resources they need to continually bring quality arts and humanities to this community. AHCMC’s vision is to provide leadership that sustains arts and humanities organizations, artists and scholars and inspires participation in our County’s rich cultural assets. In addition to distributing over $5 million in grants each year to organizations and individuals, AHCMC provides marketing resources and opportunities to the arts and humanities community in Montgomery County.
About the Position: The Arts and Humanities Council seeks a full-time Grants Coordinator to support the management and administration of the Grants Program. The ideal candidate is an organized, detail-oriented individual who is passionate about philanthropy, the arts, humanities, and excited by new technology and data. The Grants Coordinator will work collaboratively with both the Grants Program Manager and the Senior Grants Program Manager. This is a fulltime, 40-hours per week position. Some evening and weekend work will be required.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Communicate with grantees and applicants through email, phone, and social media
- Work in partnership with the Grants Manager to develop and implement applicant outreach presentations and webinars
- Develop and manage online letter of intent submittals, grant applications, and grantee report forms in collaboration with the Grants Manager
- Provide technical support for online letter of intent, grant application, and grantee report submittals
- Maintain grants-related digital records and files including: grant application submittals, grant agreements, grant disbursements, grantee reports, correspondence with applicants and grantees […]
Editor’s Notes: The pdf says “hoped to be filled by August” but this position was directly posted to another Philanthropy site on October 8. If you’re slightly above entry-level, check out the Program and Operations Coordinator position at the same link.
- Bachelor’s degree (prefer coursework in a related field: the arts, humanities, arts administration, non-profit administration, economics, business)
- Strong interest in arts and humanities philanthropy; A strong desire to promote racial and ethnic equity in cultural philanthropy, increasing support for marginalized communities, Asian, Latino/a, African, Arab, and Native American (ALAANA) artists, scholars, arts and humanities organizations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to convey critical, time-sensitive information internally and externally; Superior editing skills and strong attention to detail; Exemplary interpersonal and customer service skills
- Technology-minded, comfortable with a variety of software and familiarity with database management; Proficient in Microsoft Office, with a clear understanding of Word, Mail Merge, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook functionalities
- Experience managing multiple projects of varying timelines simultaneously; An ability to think through projects from start to finish, and address challenges in a collaborative and productive manner
- An interest in applicant, grantee, and community relationship building; A strong desire to work in an open, collaborative, multicultural, high-integrity office
- Competitive Skills (preferred, not required):
- Familiarity with grant funding and reporting processes; 1-3 years’ experience in grant making
- Knowledge of the arts and humanities in Montgomery County and/or the DC metropolitan region
- Proven affinity for mathematics, accounting, and quantitative data analysis and/or reporting
- Knowledge of FluidReview, or other online grant application portals
Estimated Salary: $35,000 – $38,000. Benefits package includes paid vacation, sick leave, health insurance, 403(b) plan, and a parking allowance.
Deadline: Until filled
Arts and Humanities Council of Montgomery County