Fields: progressive, politics, reproductive rights, women’s rights, gender
Location: San Antonio, Texas
About the Organization: Planned Parenthood Texas Votes (PPTV) is the statewide advocacy arm of Planned Parenthood affiliates in Texas that engages supporters of reproductive health to fight to protect and expand women’s access to preventative and reproductive healthcare, including abortion. The work at PPTV is fast paced and deals with complex and high priority matters related to the electoral and legislative politics of women’s health in Texas. Our programs range from talking to voters about the politics of abortion to advocating to protect state funding for breast cancer screenings.
About the Position: PPTV is expanding our field team and is hiring a Community Organizer that will work for both PPTV and PPTV Political Action Committee (PAC). The Community Organizer is responsible for carrying out Planned Parenthood Texas Votes’ mission and advocacy objectives, engaging new supporters in the fight for reproductive health in Texas, developing volunteer leaders and advocates, building and attending community events, and executing effective issue and voter education campaigns. This is a full-time position based in San Antonio, Texas. In addition, the South Texas Community Organizer will manage two Youth Organizers, one based in San Antonio and one based in the Rio Grande Valley. Must be licensed driver with access to a reliable, insured vehicle.
- Interest in Texas and progressive politics; Deep appreciation for the mission of Planned Parenthood and knowledge of and commitment to other progressive causes.
- Any combination of at least (5) years of work experience and/or college-level education (for example, 4-year degree + 1 year of work), with at least one (1) of year experience directly related to women’s issues, public policy, politics, community organizing, movement building, and/ or volunteer management.
- Diplomatic style; and high emotional intelligence; Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships, and work collaboratively. A direct and open interpersonal communication style; Enjoys meeting and speaking with new people, and sharing with and learning from others.
- Ability to work independently and carry out work effectively, with minimal supervision while working remotely. Willing and able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Excited to learn the use of data to set goals and measure progress. Comfortable with technology, and able to learn new tools quickly.
- Integrity, independent thinking, and personal courage
- Bilingual, English/Spanish preferred.
Estimated Salary: Full-time, minimum salary of $40,000 annually, commensurate with experience. PPTV is proud to offer a competitive benefits package for full-time employees that includes 100% employer paid medical, dental and vision coverage, life and AD&D and short term and long term disability for the employee. We also offer optional flexible spending account and additional life coverage. Full-time employees receive 11 paid holidays plus an additional winter break and two weeks paid time off.
Deadline: Until filled
Planned Parenthood Texas Votes