Fields: environmental justice, health, sustainability, policy, communications
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
About the Organization: The Michigan League of Conservation Voters is a statewide political organization whose mission is to elect pro-environmental candidates to office and to hold all decision makers accountable for protecting Michigan’s land, air and water. We work closely with elected officials, business leaders, partner organizations and advocates from across the state, and we are the leading, non-partisan political voice for Michigan’s land, air and water.
About the Position: The Michigan League of Conservation Voters is seeking an intern in our Communications Department who will support the organization’s work amplifying stories of the most pressing land, air, and water issues facing Michiganders. This position is an opportunity to learn about political communications at a fast-paced nonprofit with a tight-knit team focused on delivering high-quality, innovative content that achieves real victories for Michigan’s land, air and water. Interns will gain valuable experience writing for different formats including email, social media and traditional press relations and will have the opportunity to pitch their own creative ideas to help advance our priorities as they relate to land, air and water conservation.
- The ideal candidate is a strong writer and with an ability to write for varying audiences and motivate them to act to protect drinking water, clean air and Great Lakes protections.
- A creative mind with a sense of humor who can help us write engaging social media content.
- Tech-savvy with an ability to quickly use web apps (Canva and Animoto) to help Michigan LCV create simple graphics and video content for use on social media.
- An avid consumer of news who is excited to communicate on pressing environmental issues across Michigan and learn the basics of media relations.
- A passion for social and environmental justice and an interest in learning more about state-level policy and campaigns.
Estimated Salary: $15/hour, 10-20 hours/week
Michigan League of Conservation Voters