Fields: rural, environmental justice, health, sustainability, climate change
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
About the Organization: The Center for Coalfield Justice fights for coalfield communities through advocacy, education, and organizing. Our approach for working with area residents values their knowledge about the land, waterways, and communities. Our recognition of local expertise is grounded in the belief that people who are facing injustice directly are the most knowledgeable and should be leading the efforts towards justice. We blend organizing and legal work to create an expanded set of options for achieving justice than might be produced by following solely legal or organizing approach.
About the Position:
- The Outreach Coordinator will work out of our Washington, PA coordinating our outreach tools and strategies. Responsibilities:
- Intake concerns, needs, and request from community members and coordinate with rest of team for the appropriate action.
- Manage all of our digital tools and online communication: Coordinate and schedule online actions and emails through Action Network; Manage our facebook and twitter accounts; Manage our website hosted on squarespace and keep updated; Coordinate and schedule blogs on a regular basis.
- Draft and Publish our monthly newsletter.
- Develop and maintain our outreach materials.
- Research and attend ongoing events in the community to increase awareness for CCJ throughout the region.
- Coordinate and plan with CCJ’s Campaign Manager all of our public events: Annually we host a Fall Fundraiser and DRYerson Festival.
- Provide support to other staff and volunteers as needed.
Requires willingness to work flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends and occasionally long hours. Owning or regular access to an operating car is required. Willingness to travel and the ability to navigate cities and rural communities is required. Opportunities to travel across the country and state for training or conferences can be expected. CCJ provides mileage reimbursement at the Federal rate and covers overnight lodging when working away from home.
- Experience in communications as staff or volunteer
- Proficiency in facebook, twitter. A plus if also Action Network, Squarespace, and little green light
- Self motivated, independent worker; Works well in fast paced team environment and respects deadlines
- Strong communication skills (writing sample required)
- Ability to work effectively and creatively with diverse people and organizations
Estimated Salary: $30,000 – $35,000 with generous paid time off and fully paid health, dental, and vision care
Deadline: Until filled
Center for Coalfield Justice