Fields: immigrants, refugees, sociology, education, fundraising
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
About the Organization: The Institute for Immigration, Globalization & Education (IGE) is a multidisciplinary and comparative research entity within the UCLA Graduate School of Education & Information Studies (GSE&IS) that engages policy makers, practitioners, and institutional leaders to expand opportunities, reduce barriers, and improve the well-being of diverse, vulnerable, and marginalized students.
Founded in 2017, Re-Imagining Migration was established in partnership with IGE to foster understanding and the successful inclusion of migrant youth across the globe. Re-Imagining Migration’s mission is to ensure that all young people grow up understanding migration as a shared condition of our past, present, and future in order to develop the knowledge, empathy and mindsets that sustain inclusive and welcoming communities. Utilizing leaders in the field of immigration and education Re-Imagining Migration is establishing a community of educational leaders and social organizations from around to world to make migration a part of their curriculum and culture so that all students can feel supported in their social, emotional, academic, and civic growth.
About the Position: The Re-Imagining Migration Program Coordinator will play an imperative role in the promotion, development, and engagement of Re-Imagining Migration with nationwide leaders. Responsibilities include implementation and management of all current and future Re-Imagining Migration activities; increasing the visibility of Re-Imagining Migration by developing and managing communications via various media outlets as well as developing a social media and website presence; identifying and executing community outreach and fundraising activities; managing daily programmatic financial and administrative activities for the re-imagining migration program; and representing Re-Imagining in various settings/meetings to promote the program when necessary. Management of Re-Imagining activities include event management and coordinator for program activities and professional development initiatives in Boston, MA and Los Angeles, CA. This includes managing resources, partners, participants, and facilitators. Process and reconcile monthly financial ledgers, expenditures and resolve discrepancies in consultation with IGE’s Fund Manager, Academic Director, and/or Business Office for various Re-Imagining funding sources. The Program Coordinator works closely with the Director and Academic Director to further program goals and vision including the development and continued development of program partnerships. This position is based in Boston, MA.
- BA/BS; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills, and usage of language to clearly convey information verbally and in writing. Ability to present persuasive arguments and use negotiation skills to achieve mutually agreeable solutions.
- Ability to work with a diverse and multi-disciplinary team, members of the community, and students from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and computerized purchasing and accounts payable systems. Ability to work responsibly and accurately with detailed information including: financial data and calculations, contract clauses and performance dates, and other numeric narrative information.
- Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information with discretion, and to maintain professional working relationships with sponsors, industry, government, the UC and other academic and corporate institutions.
- Experience working in a non-profit, preferred
Estimated Salary: $20.89/hour
Deadline: October 6, 2018