Fields: international development, policy, environment, agriculture, urban planning
About the Organization: MCC’s mission is to reduce poverty through economic growth. Our model is defined by principles of selectivity, country ownership, transparency, and a focus on results. Our values identify who we are and what is important to us. MCC’s values are CLEAR – Collaboration, Learning, Excellence, Accountability and Respect. We recruit staff that will embody and uphold these values.
About the Position: This position is located in the Department of Compact Operations (DCO) of the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC). The department ensures that MCC compacts are designed and implemented in compliance with agency standards for procurement, financial management, environmental and social performance, and gender integration. The Infrastructure, Environment, and Private Sector (IEPS) division is comprised of five technical practice groups: Energy, Transportation and Vertical Structures, Water and Sanitation, Environmental and Social Performance, and Finance, Investment and Trade.
As an Infrastructure, Environment and Private Sector (IEPS) Intern, you will have an opportunity to:
- Assist in developing and managing tracking and reporting tools to monitor progress of the portfolio.
- Work closely with IEPS management team to -support improved knowledge management practices and communication tools for the division.
- Develop research and analysis related to MCC and IEPS specific topics. Undertake special projects in support of departmental and divisional priorities.
- Develop presentations, drafts remarks and talking points, and creates data visualization tools for meetings, events and travel.
Students may work full- or part-time (not-to-exceed 32 hours per week) while school is in session, and full-time (depending on agency needs) when students are on a vacation period or school is officially closed.
- Must have already completed 4 academic years of post-high school study leading to a bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in International Development, International Relations, Public policy or administration, Public Health, Agricultural Science, Environmental Science or Foreign Affairs AND
- Must be enrolled (or accepted for enrollment), taking at least a half-time course load leading to a degree (or certificate, etc) in International Development, International Relations, Public policy or Administration, Economics, Political Science or Foreign Affairs OR
- 1 year of specialized experience: providing administrative support for international development programs/projects gained through working in an international NGO, international finance organization, multilateral organization, or global business OR
- A combination of education and experience in a related field may be combined to meet the total qualification requirements. Education must be related to areas described above. This combination of education and experience must be documented in your resume.
- Desirable: Working knowledge or better of French in addition to English. Please include language(s) and level of proficiency in your resume.
Estimated Salary: $28,945 to $37,630 per year – Part-Time, 32 hours/week max
Deadline: September 18, 2018 OR the date the 50th application is received – whichever is first
Millennium Challenge Corporation