Fields: civil rights, advocacy, racial justice, Islam, philanthropy
Location: Flexible, DC
About the Organization: The Security & Rights Collaborative (SRC) is a collaborative grantmaking program housed at the Proteus Fund. We support a diverse field of organizations working to address profiling, discrimination, hate crimes, anti-Muslim bigotry and xenophobia. Through strategic grantmaking, programming, and field coordination, the SRC works to build the capacity of organizations representing Muslim, Arab, and South Asian (MASA) communities in the United States to protect rights, advance policy reform, and shift the narrative around issues at the core of our democracy and society.
About the Position: SRC Philanthropy Fellow plays a vital part in the success of our team. Working closely with the SRC team the Fellow will add needed capacity for fundraising, administrative, and research support. Ideal for candidates interested in learning more about philanthropy and Muslim, Arab, and South Asian issues. We will provide hands on opportunities for you to learn from our senior staff and field experts, attend meetings, and create actual marketing deliverables.
Part-time fellowship, expected to be 10-15 hours a week from October 2018 to at least May 2019. The ideal candidate will be based in the greater D.C. area, and available 1 day per week to work from our offices in D.C.
- Have interest in Muslim, Arab, and South Asian (MASA) community issues; immigration and racial justice work
- Be based in the greater D.C. area, and ability to work from the SRC office one day per week
- Be responsible, flexible, hard-working, ethical, and committed to the mission of the SRC
- Be able to work independently, take initiative on projects, and able to work with fast paced projects
- Possess a high level of organizational skills and be detail oriented
- Possess solid oral and written communication skills
- Have a strong background in technology and various social media platforms; Have familiarity with webinar and phone conferencing platforms such as Zoom; Be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs, and Adobe Acrobat; knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop a plus
- Non-profit and/or philanthropy experience a plus
Estimated Salary: $900/month, 10-15 hours/week. This works out to a wage range between $15 – $22.50 hourly.
Deadline: September 21, 2018
Security & Rights Collaborative