Fields: reproductive rights, women’s rights, gender, poverty, racial justice
Location: Remote, within 100 miles of Austin, Texas
About the Organization: Fund Texas Choice is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to help Texans equitably access abortion through safe, confidential, and comprehensive travel services and practical support. We strive to fund every Texan who needs transportation to or accommodation near an abortion clinic in full, every time.
About the Position: The Program Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient administration of Fund Texas Choice’s trip planning program in alignment with reproductive justice values. To accomplish these objectives, the Program Coordinator will perform the following functions: Program Administration and Execution (80% of the position); Administrative Support (20% of the position)
- 2 years of related operational or administrative experience (Editor’s note: internships/student jobs should count).
- Desire to work as part of a team to promote the values of reproductive justice.
- Strong ability to empathize and listen in order to understand and meet clients’ needs.
- Ability to work well with a variety of personnel with differing levels of authority, experience, and backgrounds, including board members, staff, and volunteers.
- Self-motivated – ability to work with remote supervision; Prior experience and high comfort level with online business and co-working tools such as Google Suite, Slack, etc.
- Spanish language fluency preferred.
This job is right for you if you…
- Are committed to abortion access and full reproductive health care for all, using an intersectional framework that includes, but is not limited to gender, economic, and racial justice.
- Appreciate working with a diverse board, staff, volunteer, and client population.
- Have a knack for developing new systems and devising structures for organization.
- Exercise good judgment by considering the potential consequences of a decision and making the best choice.
- Hold yourself to a high ethical standard for acceptable conduct.
- Are open to giving and receiving feedback and committed to practicing this regularly.
- Believe in bucking the trend through progressive policies to create a new vision for our future.
Estimated Salary: $35,000 – $40,000/year. Additional $6,000 healthcare stipend per year
Deadline: Not given
Fund Texas Choice