Fields: social justice, community mobilization, labor, progressive, campaigns
Location: Lehigh Valley or Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
About the Organization: We’re a statewide, student-led organization fighting for economic, racial, social, and environmental justice. We build power by confronting it at its source—from universities to politicians. We use arts and media to put our message on blast. To fight back, it’s going to take a super movement where all our skills and tricks are on the table. We build deep, strategic partnerships with community and labor groups, who provide resources, mentorship, and institutional memory. Nobody is free til we’re all free. We’re committed to dismantling oppression and building an intersectional movement where no part of us is left behind.
- Direct action campaigns | We lead local & PA-wide campaigns around the issues that impact us.
- Young people political power | We use elections to build an independent bloc of young people and shift the window of possibility for progressive issues and candidates.
- Leadership development | We host trainings and fellowships to build leaders across PA!
About the Position: As a Regional Organizer, you’ll work directly with a cohort of paid undergraduate student fellows in your region. You’ll help fellows build campaigns for economic, racial, and social justice, train them on the fundamentals of organizing, engage young people to vote on the issues that matter to us, and work with PSPN’s statewide team to coordinate campaign strategy, media, and data. You’ll also receive dedicated support, training, and tools to take your organizing skills to the next level. In the process, you’ll build relationships with students, community leaders, and progressive organizations across the state. Positions are 25-30 hours per week through mid-December, with the possibility of extending beyond the Fall.
Special Requirements/Qualifications: Who should apply?
- Recent graduate or emerging organizer with experience organizing for social justice on the campus level
- Clear and demonstrated commitment to core values of social justice, racial justice, and collective liberation
- Clear and demonstrated commitment to working with groups on campus that represent marginalized populations
- Passionate and skilled at responding to the needs of student and youth activists—working through difficult personal situations, communicating on an ad hoc basis, and providing mentorship
- Passionate about moving others to action, strong communication skills, and low-ego
- Must have access to a car
Estimated Salary: $2500/month + healthcare stipend. For a 30-hour week, this calculates to $20.83/hour.
Apply Here: Pennsylvania Student Power Network