Fields: sustainability, education, youth, communications, San Diego
Location: Encinitas, California
About the Organization: Solana Center for Environmental Innovation is a San Diego-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that focuses on Zero Waste, composting, and water conservation. We mobilize the local community through innovative outreach and provide consulting services to businesses and jurisdictions in order to address the region’s most pressing environmental issues and enact impactful change. Each year Solana Center reaches tens of thousands of San Diego County residents through its environmental education and community programs.
About the Position: Solana Center is seeking a detail-oriented, energetic, and motivated self-starter with stellar writing & communications skills to work with the marketing department. This role will lead communications efforts including but not limited to event & workshop marketing and promotion, public relations, website/online efforts, social media, collateral/signage and other related initiatives.
Special Requirements/Qualifications: Qualifications:
• Exceptional communicator (written and oral)
• Experienced collaborator able to work with diverse groups including community partners, volunteers, and corporate donors
• Strong computer skills: Google products & CRMs
• Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator
• Basic photography and photo editing experience
• Experience working with non-profits and environmental education
Estimated Salary: $12-13/hour